Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Get This Girl a BINKY - STAT!!!

Oh my! Last night was a doozie! Sweet Pea and I got home and she was perfect. We played for a little bit then started our nightly bedtime routine. I started to panic a little bit when I couldn't find a binky ANYWHERE! I looked all over the house, under the couch, under the bed, even in the freezer! I thought, well, this could be tough, but, I'll give it a shot. So, I get Sweet Pea in her jammies, took a bottle, rocked in the rocking chair in her room...until the inevitable happened. She was ready to fall asleep and needed a binky. I mean she REALLY needed a binky. I tried letting her suck on an empty bottle, tried putting my finger in her mouth, but nothing would do the trick. Then she really started to get mad! She cried for about 10 straight minutes when I started thinking we need to get a binky somehow. I contemplated calling her daddy at work, or my neighbors, and instead decided to send an S.O.S. text to my brother. Thank goodness he responded. Within about 35 minutes he was at our door with a Walgreens bag full of binkies! I ripped open a package and gave one to Sweet Pea. You could see the sweet relief on her face as her eyes closed and her face and entire body relaxed. I bet she was passed out in 3 minutes, tops!

So, hooray for Uncle Mike! You saved the day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment