Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2nd Birthday Approaching!

I can't believe how time flies! I remember the night I went into labor like it was yesterday! Now, I'm looking at Sweet Pea's second birthday in just 8 more weeks! I'm considering doing something a bit different for her birthday this year. Since we are so fortunate to have all the things we need, (including our health) and so many people who love us in our lives, I thought it would be nice to use Sweet Pea's birthday party to bring joy to other children, too. I'd like to have a toy drive at her birthday party and give the donated toys to a charity. This year it would be Friends of Kids with Cancer. A friend of mine from high school has twin girls and they do this every year for their birthday. They keep a big box outside the party and guests bring toys to be donated to the organization. On days they have treatment (chemo), the kids get to pick a new toy from the "Toy Closet". I also think this would help teach Sweet Pea to think of others less fortunate and be thankful for things she has. As she gets older she could participate and choose the charity to donate the toys to.

Since I've never been to a birthday party like this, I'm curious if anyone has any input or suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment