Monday, July 12, 2010

Fashion Show Benefit for SIDS Resources

This weekend Sweet Pea and her cousins starred in a Fashion Show Benefit for SIDS Resources. I also donated some items for a silent auction. I donated approx. 50 Oreo Truffle pops, and a custom children's silhouette. The show was so cute! She did fabulous, I definately don't have a shy child!!!

It was a wonderful event, but, I always think about the way our lives have changed that put us in touch with SIDS Resources. They are a wonderful organzation that no one wants to be a part of. When I took Sweet Pea to get fitted for her fashion show outfit I went to the desk at the boutique and said, "I'm with SIDS Resources" and it made me so sad. I don't want to be with SIDS Resources. I don't want my brother and sister-in-law to be with SIDS Resources. Really, I don't want anyone to be with SIDS Resources. As the director said this weekend, "Our goal is to educate people on the safe practices to reduce sudden infant death. In other words, our goal is to work ourselves out of a job." I think she said that perfectly.






No comments:

Post a Comment